Certified Watch Store - Beware the warranty
I purchased a Hamilton Khaki Field Watch from Certified Watch Store, partly because of their warranty, which states that they "honor the original factory warranty's terms and conditions for the time duration list below", which for a Hamilton watch was two years.Hamilton's factory warranty terms are to replace the watch if there is any defect in the watch within the first two years.
One of the listed features on the watch is that it is water resistant to 100 meters. The first time I dove with the watch underwater to about 30 meters, it filled with moisture, and the crown was ruined to the point that it slid off of the watch. When I sent in the watch to Certified Watch Store for warranty service, they kept it for a few weeks, and then sent it back to me still full of moisture, and with the crown sliding off. No explanation, just a useless watch that I bought from them for over $400 a few weeks prior.
Speaking to Certified Watch Store on the phone is maddening, as they rudely point out that their warranty never would actually replace a watch, only repair, and they don't warrant use underwater, and it must have been my fault anyway. To their defense, it's important to point out that if you keep scrolling way down page two of their warranty description, ignoring the top part where they say they "honor the original factory warranty's terms and conditions", they eventually do describe that they don't warrant water damage, and they never say they will replace a watch, only repair it.
So the condescending phone support people are right - the small print at the bottom completely contradicts what the warranty says up top.Certified Watch Store has great prices on quality watches - just pray that you never need support from them.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hamilton Khaki Field Watch
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "My husband purchased a rogue collection 1941 purse for me on Saturday 18th December from the Corpus Christi Coach store in Texas. I did not like it and so I..."
- "My husband bought me a Levian Chocolate diamond band for our three year wedding Anniversary back in April of this year. I have a beautiful engagement ring that was getting..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "We have been hit with HOT PRICE TUBS also, they sold us this hot but and informed us it had 1 year warranty, after they attended to put the various..."
- "My daughter purchased a pair of boots that the Seller said was a size 9 but it was a 10. We immediately wrote Poshmark and sent picture but they..."
- "First time using VRBO and read the reviews, but went with it regardless. In the end, should have kept my hotel reservation for the same $$$. We arrived 1AM and..."
- "...Went for trim.Hair butt length.Girl screwed up and manager had to fix...."