I purchased a Hamilton Khaki Field Watch from Certified Watch Store, partly because of their warranty, which states that they "honor the original factory warranty's terms and conditions for the time duration list below", which for a Hamilton watch was two years.Hamilton's factory warranty terms are to replace the watch if there is any defect in the watch within the first two years.
One of the listed features on the watch is that it is water resistant to 100 meters. The first time I dove with the watch underwater to about 30 meters, it filled with moisture, and the crown was ruined to the point that it slid off of the watch. When I sent in the watch to Certified Watch Store for warranty service, they kept it for a few weeks, and then sent it back to me still full of moisture, and with the crown sliding off. No explanation, just a useless watch that I bought from them for over $400 a few weeks prior.
Speaking to Certified Watch Store on the phone is maddening, as they rudely point out that their warranty never would actually replace a watch, only repair, and they don't warrant use underwater, and it must have been my fault anyway. To their defense, it's important to point out that if you keep scrolling way down page two of their warranty description, ignoring the top part where they say they "honor the original factory warranty's terms and conditions", they eventually do describe that they don't warrant water damage, and they never say they will replace a watch, only repair it.
So the condescending phone support people are right - the small print at the bottom completely contradicts what the warranty says up top.Certified Watch Store has great prices on quality watches - just pray that you never need support from them.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hamilton Khaki Field Watch
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "To whom it may concern, We have been in business for over 25 years and take pride in our excellent customer service and high Quality products. The Customer purchased an..."
- "I sold an authentic Chanel bag on tradesy. It was authenticated by my poupette. I am a reputable seller on ebay. The buyer returned it accusing it being fake. Tradesy..."
- "I am a very upset customer I brought this ring in Feb 2016 for my wedding June 2016 and I didn't wear it till my wedding day. I loved..."
- "Richmond installed Milgard Windows (lifetime warranty) missing 4 out of 5 installation steps. All windows on west side of house leak in severe rain storms because of the poor..."
- "Leavenworth Lawyer Gary A. Nelson engaged in the following dastardly conduct thereby creating the "Nelson Maneuver." "The Nelson Maneuver" Get a Law Degree and turn it into a..."
- "Ordered Premium Fashionista blooms, over $100 paid. Sent to a friend who was sick in hospital. The flowers were a joke, there were 6 roses, a couple of green stuff,..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."