Certified Watch Store - Beware the warranty
I purchased a Hamilton Khaki Field Watch from Certified Watch Store, partly because of their warranty, which states that they "honor the original factory warranty's terms and conditions for the time duration list below", which for a Hamilton watch was two years.Hamilton's factory warranty terms are to replace the watch if there is any defect in the watch within the first two years.
One of the listed features on the watch is that it is water resistant to 100 meters. The first time I dove with the watch underwater to about 30 meters, it filled with moisture, and the crown was ruined to the point that it slid off of the watch. When I sent in the watch to Certified Watch Store for warranty service, they kept it for a few weeks, and then sent it back to me still full of moisture, and with the crown sliding off. No explanation, just a useless watch that I bought from them for over $400 a few weeks prior.
Speaking to Certified Watch Store on the phone is maddening, as they rudely point out that their warranty never would actually replace a watch, only repair, and they don't warrant use underwater, and it must have been my fault anyway. To their defense, it's important to point out that if you keep scrolling way down page two of their warranty description, ignoring the top part where they say they "honor the original factory warranty's terms and conditions", they eventually do describe that they don't warrant water damage, and they never say they will replace a watch, only repair it.
So the condescending phone support people are right - the small print at the bottom completely contradicts what the warranty says up top.Certified Watch Store has great prices on quality watches - just pray that you never need support from them.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hamilton Khaki Field Watch
- Review category
- Luxury / Jewelry
You May Also Like
- "On 8/2/14 I took my not even 3 year old ring in to be inspected and rhodium applied. I was informed a side stone was loose and would need tightened..."
- "No mystery here. I ordered 3 sets of this ***! I do mean ***! The bracelets won't even fit over my Wife's hands and all 3 sets are identical. Size..."
- "I ordered Aquamarine earrings from Jared. They were shown in a brilliant Aquamarine color (see photo). What they sent was clear glass (see photo). Not even a hint..."
- "In June 2016 my husband and I signed a contract with Mr. Glenn Dormer and Blane Curry the managing partners of Energywise LED Solutions. We Paid few thousands dollars in..."
- "I have been living in Australia for a year and was using Sensodyne there no problems. On return back to the US I had run out of the AUS Sensodyne..."
- "On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."